In today’s episode, we’re getting color conscious! My guest Mehnaz Khan is here to talk about the impact of using color in your home, and as you’ll find out, color also has a big effect on YOU as well as your home!
Mehnaz Khan is an RIDQC certified professional residential interior designer with a focus on creating positive psychological spaces. She uses the principals of color and design psychology to help homeowners not only make their homes beautiful, but stress-free, fun and happy.
We would love to hear what resonated with you the most from our conversation and how you plan to put these strategies we discuss into action. You can DM or tag us on Instagram, @jillkalmaninteriors and @colorconsciousliving.
For this season of Welcome Home to the Suburbs, you can watch this interview with Mehnaz, and all the other great guests I will be speaking with, on my YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/@jillkalmaninteriors.
Stuck on which colors to add to your space? Would you love to get a professional opinion on what to do with your home design, but maybe you think this would be expensive and intimidating? I’m here to tell you that none of my services make you feel this way, and my newest service is the easiest and most affordable way to quickly get the answers you are looking for! With my new service Room Rx, we will spend an hour together where you select a topic of your choosing to discuss. I can’t wait to be your own personal design advisor for that time, and you can book now by clicking here!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The impact that color has on your brain
- Why Mehnaz says that color is not totally subjective
- Restful versus productive color palettes
- Being intentional versus following trends
- A look at bold colors and neutral colors
- Why having everything the same color isn’t necessarily a good thing
- Tips for connecting all your rooms to flow together
- The reasons that blue can be a comfortable starter
- How influencer culture in design can cause issues
- The ways you can look to nature for inspiration on color
Featured on the Show: