Today, I want to talk about what I was frustrated by with design. The intimidation, the overwhelm, the thought that design services are expensive (and more!) is what I’ve heard for years, but a few years back I had a lightbulb moment and embraced online and virtual design services, or “E-design.” In this episode, you’re not only going to hear about my pivot to this business model and why I wanted to do it, but the amazing Molly Cody is with me to share her thoughts on why E-design is here to stay!
Molly Cody is ranked as one of Kansas City’s top-8 interior designer. She has a wealth of experience in real estate, remodeling, short-term rentals, interior furnishing and styling. With her expertise in e-design, she has successfully serviced clients in over 13 states.
Molly’s passion for interiors began at a young age, as she purchased her first house at 24 and went on to own property in 4 states by the age of 30. Her interior showmanship and minor cosmetic upgrades resulted in one of her personal homes selling for $100k more than the original purchase price. She is intentional in her designs, putting function first and incorporating neutrals and cohesion in every project. Her current passion project is a short-term rental in eastern TN to be called “Turtle Dove Treehouse”.
Whether you are a designer, homeowner or real estate investor, I hope you enjoyed this episode with Molly and that it helped explain why E-design is a such a viable way to design a home!
For this new season of Welcome Home to the Suburbs, you can watch this interview with Molly, and all the other great guests I will be speaking with, on my YouTube channel.
Would you love to get a professional opinion on what to do with your home design, but maybe you think this would be expensive and intimidating? I’m here to tell you that none of my services make you feel this way, and my newest service is the easiest and most affordable way to quickly get the answers you are looking for! In my new Solutions Design Microsession, for only $249 we will spend an hour together where you select a topic of your choosing to discuss. I can’t wait to be your own personal design advisor for that time, and you can book now by clicking here!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The “lightbulb moment” for me and what I realized about the business model most designers are using
- Why E-design services are just as popular now after the pandemic, and how my digital room service was born
- The impact my upbringing and past work experiences has had on my “down to earth” and customer-centric approach as a designer
- What my new Solutions Design Microsession is all about and what you can expect from it
- Why Molly and I both feel that E-design is here to stay and growing everyday
- Who E-design is and isn’t good for
- Deliverables that can be offered by E-design that in-person designers may not provide
- The main benefits of E-design versus in-person design services
- Our thoughts on AI and the effects it could have on e-design
- The way that Molly is combining real estate and short terms rentals with E-design
- The impact that curated design plan with have on your bookings and prices as a short-term rental host
- Some valuable advice from Molly for rental property owners
Featured on the Show: