This episode is an eye-opening one, and an important topic, as I’m joined by home renovation expert Gabriella Milgrom to discuss the do’s and don’t’s of home renovation!
Gabriella is an accredited interior designer and professional project manager who’s been in the design and construction industry for nearly 15 years, designing multi-million dollar renovation projects, commercial spaces and hospitals. She teaches women how to create their dream home the right way from the start, by combining the key design drivers and desires with the needed management tactics to build the home they’ve always dreamed about. Best of all, she shows others how to do this without losing time, money, and their sanity!
I know many of you have gone through renovations or are about to and it can be a really stressful time. Gabriella is a wealth of information, and you are not going to want to miss this conversation I had with her if a renovation project is on the horizon for you. Please note that you’ll hear Gabriella mention her challenge that was set to run this month, but it will now be happing in January, 2024, and you can get on the waitlist now at https://www.gabriellamilgrom.co/!
For this new season of Welcome Home to the Suburbs, you can watch this interview with Gabriella, and all the other great guests I will be speaking with, on my YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/jillkalmaninteriors
Would you love to get a professional opinion on what to do with your home design, but maybe you think this would be expensive and intimidating? I’m here to tell you that none of my services make you feel this way, and my newest service is the easiest and most affordable way to quickly get the answers you are looking for! In my new Solutions Design Microsession, for only $249 we will spend an hour together where you select a topic of your choosing to discuss. I can’t wait to be your own personal design advisor for that time, and you can book now by clicking here!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- A big mistake that Gabriella sees people making in the design and renovation phase and why you need to be aware of it
- What it really means to design from intention, and how social media has changed this aspect of design
- Why she recommends focusing on a strategy versus vision when it comes to planning renovations
- Gabriella’s take on Pinterest and the way she uses it as a tool during the design process
- What to consider before you DIY your next project
- Who to have on your team when you are doing a remodel or a renovation, and what red flags to look for when choosing who to work with
- How to avoid costly mistakes and her advice for planning a budget reserve fund and contingency
Featured on the Show: