Want to know what the BIG secret is to have an organized home? Today’s guest is Margo Staten of Be Good to Yourself by Margo, and she’s got the answers for you!
Margo likes to motivate and empower women to improve their quality of life by creating a relaxing home environment, and she says every woman deserves a clean and tidy home she can be proud of. Margo is a psychology professor, professional home organizer and decluttering coach with over 15 years of experience working with women and helping them to improve their quality of life. She believes that decluttering is the most effective way to decrease stress and anxiety in the home and doing this will instead create peace and productivity.
As you will hear from this episode, decluttering is the key to have an organized home! Margo and I would love to hear what resonated with you the most from our conversation and how you plan to put these strategies we discuss into action. You can DM or tag us on Instagram, @jillkalmaninteriors and @begoodtoyourself_by_margo!
For this new season of Welcome Home to the Suburbs, you can watch this interview with Margo, and all the other great guests I will be speaking with, on my YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/@jillkalmaninteriors.
Would you love to get a professional opinion on what to do with your home design, but maybe you think this would be expensive and intimidating? I’m here to tell you that none of my services make you feel this way, and my newest service is the easiest and most affordable way to quickly get the answers you are looking for! In my new Solutions Design Microsession, for only $249 we will spend an hour together where you select a topic of your choosing to discuss. I can’t wait to be your own personal design advisor for that time, and you can book now by clicking here!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why it’s so important to identify your ‘why’, or what it means to you personally to have a decluttered home
- The reasons you should never start with the sentimental items first when beginning the decluttering process
- Margo’s tips for pre-move decluttering
- What to consider about outgrowing your space versus having too much space
- The crucial link between decluttering and mindset
- Thoughts on empty nesters and preparing your home for loved ones
- Margo’s best tips to just getting started and into action with decluttering
Featured on the Show: